The Garrison Hotel
635 Penistone Road
Tel: 0114 249 9555
Top Ten Things To Know About the Garrison
- Always ring the hotel to book a room, don’t use the website. The website will tell you that it is full when it is not.
- The staff are exceptionally RPG player friendly, but it is still a working hotel and popular venue, so be good and don’t scare anyone!
- Food service can be slow sometimes, so take advantage of any pre-ordering arrangements that have been made by the convention organisers. They may help a little.
- The Garrison don’t mind you bringing your own food into the venue, as long as you don’t eat it in the bar. There is a Morrisons nearby, as well as a McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and a great butchers that does hot meat sandwiches if you get there early enough.
- The Garrison is laid out like an Escher painting. Do not expect to be able to easily navigate it during your first visit. Latch onto a con veteran and hope…
- For attendees with limited mobility there is a lift to all floors.
- On the last day of a con, you will need to check out before you start your first game.
- In all probability there will be either a wedding, a themed disco or a comedy meal on during the convention. Its all part of the fun of the venue, so just ease into it.
- Rooms at the Garrison can sell out quickly, so you’re probably best served to book your room as soon as the convention is announced.
- The Garrison is our home-from-home, so treat it with respect. Clean up after yourself, be lovely to the staff and the other guests and spend some money at the bar. The goodwill goes a long way with the venue.